RiseVT is a community collaborative to embrace healthier lifestyles, improve the quality of life and reduce healthcare costs where we live, work, learn and play
- RiseVT was established after a growing concern of the rate of obesity in Franklin and Grand Isle Counties of Vermont. A group of key opinion leaders established RiseVT as a community campaign which is modeled after the CDC Best Practice to reduce obesity in a population.
- Franklin and Grand Isle Vermont is in the Northwestern corner of the state and covers over 805 square miles and has a population of about 55,000 residents.
- RiseVT launched in June of 2015 and has currently reached over 16,000 individuals and is worming with 46 local businesses, 15 schools and 9 municipalities.
– 80K invested into infrastructure changes to our built environment.
– Policies developed and implemented impacting over 40% of FGI residents
– Classroom engagement in over 15 schools
– Clear messaging within a broad reach and goal